Jay Leiderman’s case in the New Yorker magazine SEPTEMER 2014

Jay Leiderman
By: Jay Leiderman
September 08 2016

How did Jay Leiderman’s case, that of Commander X charged with a simple DDos protest on the County of Santa Cruz website, make it’s way to be the feature story of the September 2014 New Yorker magazine?

New Yorker
Author extraordinaire David Kushner

After 9 months of frequent calls, OTR encrypted chats, texts, emails and Skype sessions with author David Kushner, Jay Leiderman’s case and client – Commander X, was featured in the New Yorker magazine.  He was the centerpiece of the September 2014 issue.  Oh, the fact checking.  I forgot about the fact checking.  Once David and I were done with our frequent sessions, it came time for the New Yorker’s fact checkers to take over, and man, did they take over.  They need something to prove every single sentence.  I was one of only a few people that had a lot of information about the reclusive, mysterious and enigmatic Commander X.  Hence my extensive communications with David Kushner.  I think I spent over 12 hours split across two days with the New Yorker’s fact checkers.  That is the nuts and bolts of the story behind the story: Jay Leiderman’s case in the New Yorker magazine.

Without further adieu… Jay Leiderman’s case in the New Yorker magazine: The Masked Avengers How Anonymous incited online vigilantism from Tunisia to Ferguson (The Life and Times of Commander X)

“It appears as though the defendant has fled.”

… Three months later, Doyon’s pro-bono lawyer, Jay Leiderman, was in a federal court in San Jose. Leiderman had not heard from Doyon in a couple of weeks. “I’m inquiring as to whether there’s a reason for that,” the judge said. Leiderman had no answer. Doyon was absent from another hearing two weeks later. The prosecutor stated the obvious: “It appears as though the defendant has fled.”

New Yorker
Free Commander X!

… Doyon is still in hiding. Even Jay Leiderman, his attorney, does not know where he is. Leiderman says that, in addition to the charges in Santa Cruz, Doyon may face indictment for his role in the PayPal and Orlando attacks. If he is arrested and convicted on all counts, he could spend the rest of his life in prison. Following the example of Edward Snowden, he hopes to apply for asylum with the Russians. When we spoke, he used a lit cigarette to gesture around his apartment. “How is this better than a fucking jail cell? I never go out,” he said. “I will never speak with my family again. . . . It’s an incredibly high price to pay to do everything you can to keep people alive and free and informed.”

Read the whole article here:

New Yorker
A highly stylized Jay Leiderman

Last but not least, lawyer Jay Leiderman, an actual New Yorker (born and raised) Lichtenstein style 😉

30 thoughts on “Jay Leiderman’s case in the New Yorker magazine SEPTEMER 2014

1. Il faut cependant être très vigilant et ne choisir que des produits testés en laboratoire, et si potential bio.

2. Hello there, You’ve performed a great job.
    I will definitely digg it and in my opinion recommend to
    my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this website.

3. It’s amazing to go to see thos website and reading the views of all friends on thhe topic of this piece of writing, while I am also eager of getting familiarity.

4. Facebook fan pages for Elliot Rodger keep returning

BY SHEENA GOODYEAR, POSTMEDIA NETWORK
    FIRST POSTED: TUESDAY, MAY 27, 2014 10:53 AM EDT | UPDATED: TUESDAY, MAY 27, 2014 03:48 PM EDT
    Article

Facebook has removed fan pages for mass murderer Elliot Rodger, but new ones keep popping up — including one that targeted a woman who alleged its creators have harassed her for years.

The page, “Elliot Rodger is an American Hero,” uses Sue Basko’s profile picture, and invites people to e-mail her to join a civil lawsuit suit against the sorority girls who rejected Rodger.

Rodger, who killed six people and then himself on Friday in Isla Vista, Calif., targeted a sorority during the killing spree.

“It’s very difficult for me to have my name associated with a horrifying thing and it’s not right,” Basko, a lawyer based out of California and Illinois, told QMI Agency on Monday.

And it’s not the first time. Her name was attached to a fan page for Adam Lanza, the man who shot up an elementary school in Newtown, Conn., in December 2012. That time, the page claimed she was the page’s lawyer.

“I got e-mails from around the world saying, ‘What is wrong with you?'” she said.

She said she’s been harassed and threatened for the past two years by the same group of people online, but she expects better of Facebook.

“I reported this thing like 20 times under different categories and it keeps coming back with this Facebook form that says it doesn’t violate its community standards,” she said.

Seven other people told QMI Agency they got the same message.

Facebook has since said earlier versions of the pages were removed.

A man claiming to be behind the page, an Internet radio host who goes by the moniker Wild Goose, told QMI the “page was set up order to rustle the jimmies of feminists around the world who are attempting to hijack this tragedy in order to further their own agenda.”

5. WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2011

How Not to Make a Fool of Yourself on the Internet: A PSA
    It seems that there are people out there who may, perhaps, lack a certain understanding of just how the internet works. They may write some ill-advised comment which draws well-deserved criticism. They might follow this up with additional statements which serve only to attract more criticism, with a big ol’ side of humiliation. Maybe they do not realize that in the internet, nothing is truly erased.

And so it is that I find myself here, offering up some advice to the poor, self-centered, crass, ignorant folk on the internet. Even though doing so may rob myself and other bloggers the entertainment of invoking the Streisand Effect, I feel that there are those who may benefit from some instructive illustrations.

Rule 1 – Think Before You Type

The internet is really a very powerful tool. It allows us to call up information on a wide range of subjects with very little effort. The speed at which things occur online urges us to give immediate voice to our thoughts. Now, our emotional sides simply love this arrangement. They get to dictate our reactions more frequently when we can just type a few words and click a button before the rational sides of our brains have a chance to say, “Perhaps you should pause to reflect a moment.”

When you decide to comment on something online, it’s a good idea, therefore, to stop a minute to consider what you plan on saying. Start by asking yourself if you actually know enough about the topic upon which you’re commenting to, at the very least, avoid saying something incredibly inane. Taking this time to think things through also gives you the opportunity to consider whether your words might be insulting or insensitive to others who are personally affected by the subject.

If you take the time to think before you type, you might avoid saying something rude, ignorant and completely off-base like, oh, this:

Click to enduncenate.

If you do find yourself leaving callous remarks like this individual in the comments section of an article in a widely read newspaper, you might end up finding yourself the target of some justified and well-reasoned criticism like this, this or this.

Rule 2 – Don’t Go Orwell

Perhaps you make the decision to write further on your Facebook page, maybe even going so far as to laugh at someone who was very upset by your comment. You might say some things like this:

Click to enboorify.

The combination of your initial post violating rule 1 and your subsequent posts on Facebook might draw a comment such as this:

Click to enlightenate.
    After reading something like this, you might feel a sense of shame, perhaps even embarrassment. After all, someone has just shown that you were out of your depth on not just one, but two subjects. And all of your friends have witnessed it. You may ponder deleting that comment; simply erase the loss of face and send things down the memory hole.

Don’t do it!

You will only invite further criticism that you are afraid to have an honest discussion, that you censor reasonable questions. In short, you add to your image as a shameless, callous, insulting individual the added bit of being a coward.

Rule 3 – Don’t Deny You Said What You Said

The problem with breaking rules 1 and 2 is that, in the age of the internet, nothing is ever truly deleted. You might try to get rid of your original comment, your subsequent comments and the criticism you’ve received. But, well, just look above to see that someone, somewhere has probably already saved evidence of your nonsense. In light of this, don’t try to fend off criticism by saying that you never said what you said:

It wasn’t meeeee!

When you say stuff like that, you just look even more foolish when evidence that those words you’re denying actually did flow from your fingers. Chalk up “liar” to the list of epithets that describe you, should you pursue this course of action.

Rule 4 – Don’t Libel Your Critics

You might be tempted to really go off the deep end and start making even more ill-advised comments, ones that actually run close to, if not actually going over, the line of what is and is not legal. For example, you might be tempted to say something that would be considered libelous under your local civil codes (e.g., CA Civil Code 44), like this:

Spammity spam!

You see, accusing someone of crimes (e.g., stalking and harassing) and sending that message in separate tweets to everyone (or at least a large number, I got tired of getting screen shots after the first 100 separate, distinct tweets that were sent – anarchic_teapot has a storify post with a more complete capture of her tweet stream) who follows your critic on Twitter is what defamation lawyers might consider a bad move. That is acting with the deliberate intent of spreading false statements of fact that damage the image of the target. This behavior is what is called libel. If your target so chooses, they would have a very reasonable case against you, should they decide to pursue a legal suit.

And tweeting that you have reported your critic to the police for stalking/harassment, when they have not done so, is also not a good idea.

Police! Police!

At best, you’re probably just bluffing, in which case you look like a fool. At worst, if you aren’t bluffing and really did file a police report, you may find that you are running afoul of certain laws about filing false police reports (see also 18 USC 1001 – h/t to Squillo).

To Recap

Hopefully you have a good idea of what not to do on the internet. Violating these four simple rules will almost certainly guarantee that you will become a laughing stock, having your shame spread all over, despite your efforts to bury the whole sordid mess. Remember:

#1 – Think before you post. (i.e., know at least a little about the subject)
    #2 – Don’t go Orwell. (i.e., don’t try to make your own or others’ comments disappear)
    #3 – Don’t deny you said what you said.
    #4 – Don’t libel your critics.

If you follow these rules, you should be able to avoid a great deal of headache, ridicule and embarrassment later.

This has been a public service announcement from Harpocrates Speaks.
    POSTED BY TODD W. AT 10:56 PM
    LABELS: AUTISM, CENSORSHIP, HARASSMENT, LIBEL
    EMAIL THIS
    BLOGTHIS!
    SHARE TO TWITTER
    SHARE TO FACEBOOK
    SHARE TO PINTEREST

33 COMMENTS:

jillsmoDecember 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    You win at the internet today. GOOD STUFF!

Stephen EDecember 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    I am the father of twin autistic boys and had read Liz’s blog yesterday and was so offended by Ms. Basko’s comments that I immediately sent her a little piece of my mind. My wife just sent me this link and I am dying laughing. Thank you for calling her out on her hurtful, small minded BS. She has a blog about supporting the Occupy protests, but apparently she doesn’t believe in helping with the economic and medical needs of the special needs children in the 99% (the few that actually receive benefits). Thank you again

Jennifer BushDecember 15, 2011 at 12:25 AM
    This woman, in addition to the tweets you show, sent me (and I’m sure others) an email about how she writes a blog for an autistic man who is in jail. I think she is, at best, grabbing for attention. At worst, she is delusional and frightening. Thank you for pulling this all together.

The other rule of the internet: never piss off the parents of special needs kids.

My Aspie LifeDecember 15, 2011 at 12:26 AM
    Here’s a transcript of my bizarro conversation with Ms. Basko on Twitter. Notice how she never answers my question. I’m not sure if she simply does not understand my repeated question or is just dodging it. And for the record, I do have a son with autism and he receives SSI. I work three jobs so my wife can stay at home. That’s why I found her comments so offensive and insisted that she answer my question (even though she didn’t).
    ==

SB (Sue Basko): I am being stalked/harassed by a nut named @LizDitz who actually wrote the words being tweeted. Have reported to FBI.

ME: Since you have an account at LA Times blogs, FBI or LA Times should be able to determine if or who posted alleged comments.

SB: In the meantime, Liz Ditz and her “gravy train” words roll on. I have not been interviewed by her, never even heard of her!

ME: Not defending anybody but I only know about this because of you, not LD. Had to use Google to figure out what you were talking abt

SB: LD wrote words and tweeted them as mine – I have not had any interaction with her ever. She is cyberbully.

SB: It is on Google, but because she wrote it and put it there.

ME: Are you referring to her blog post or the quotes she attributed to you from the LA Times comments section of the Autism article?

SB: I do NOT have a blog at LA Times. I have a blog about protest marches! Not on LA Times!

ME: I’m referring to the fact that you have a registered account to add comments.

ME: latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/10/… You’re a “Top Commenter,” though maybe you connected via Facebook…

ME: I’m selective about who I follow, that’s why I’m asking.

ME: Liz has updated her blog and provides a screen shot of your comments to the LA Times blog article.

ME: My question still stands, did you write those words or not? (I’m referring to the comments attribute to you in the screenshot)

SB: Check sources before you repeat words of malicious stalker. Please.

ME: I haven’t repeated them. I’m just asking you if you made the comments she said you did. Yes or no?

SB: I do not even know what you are talking about – I have never had any interaction whatsoever with this woman!

ME: No one said you did. I’m doing what you asked, checking sources. DID YOU WRITE THOSE COMMENTS OR NOT? YES OR NO?

SB: THIS IS MY BLOG: occupypeace.blogspot.com CHECK YOUR SOURCES.

ME: I’m not talking about YOUR blog. I’m talking about the comments you allegedly left on a LA Times piece on autism.

ME: Did you write this or not? lizditz.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b…

SB: PLEASE STOP TWEETING AND CHECK SOURCES, TRY TO BE RESPONSIBLE.

ME: Did you make the comments or not? Yes or no? Why can’t you answer the question?

ME: I am checking sources, I’m asking you.

SB: I publish a blog by autistic man: paulmodrowski.blogspot.com I do not write LD’s blog!

ME: OK, I give up. I’ve been asking specifically about comments you alledgely made on the LA TIMES blog. Is my question not clear?

ME: So did you write the comments (now deleted) that were allegedly (notice I use this word) on the LA Times blog? Yes or no?

ME: Look up definitions of cyber bullying, cyber stalking, as I don’t think you know what they mean. Look up Streisand Effect too.

ME: You may also want to read up on how social media works. Good luck…

ChrisDecember 15, 2011 at 12:40 AM
    This is all very good advice. Some of which I have tried to employ, including not letting comments from strangers on the Internets bother me.

I hope that Ms. Basko’s family takes notice and tries to get her the help she needs. This is not normal behavior, and it may not have been her behavior even a few weeks ago.

marytormeyDecember 15, 2011 at 12:53 AM
    Did you read the story she was commenting on? This is just a misunderstanding. She was simply summarizing an ignorant offensive story, which Alan Zarembo, apparently wrote after mistaking the hate group known as Autism Speaks for a credible source. Recently I read that NT’s find imitation to be an extremely important social skill. If you repeat back what you are told, in spite of the fact that it is completely ridiculous then maybe no one will notice your over-sized head. http://psychcentral.com/news/2011/12/13/learning-by-imitation-holds-promise-for-early-autism-intervention/32504.html

effet mediaDecember 15, 2011 at 12:58 AM
    Hi,
    I came to your blog and have been reading along your posts. I decided I will leave my first comment.

Page facebook pro

Liz DitzDecember 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM
    Hi Mary Tormey,

I re-read Alan Zarembo’s first piece

very carefully, looking for anything having to do with parents being entitled to SSI once their child is diagnosed with autism, which is the claim the woman refernced abouve was making.

Zarembo didn’t make that claim. He doesn’t mention SSI benefits at all.

In fact, I couldn’t find a reference to a quote from Autism Speaks.

JaniceDecember 15, 2011 at 1:27 AM
    Astounding the lengths some people will go to, to refuse to be accountable for their own actions. Deletions, denial, and libel, oh my!

LokaSamastaDecember 15, 2011 at 5:23 AM
    Oh dear! This reminds me of the way *you all* react to any mention of cannabis science.

Especially cannabis for autism science.

Cannabis causes low birth weight? Not according to the other 3 (better designed) studies!!

DELETE!!! (But oh-no, it’s all saved somewhere!)

Todd W.December 15, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    @LokaSamasta

I have told you before, you are welcome to post here as long as you stay on topic. If you spam my posts with off-topic comments about your cannabis fixation, those posts will be marked as spam.

JamrDecember 15, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    I thank you for this. I see alot of people going into blogs or news sites about music artists I enjoy. They are regulars of said sites and believe they have a right to criticize the artist. When a fan of that artist starts to contradict them then they criticize the fan. It’s not right if your not a fan of a music artist keep your mouth shut and let the fans who are following that artist say their comments without being ridiculed.

Liz DitzDecember 15, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    There was a comment over at LeftBrain/RightBrain Autism that explains my motivation for writing the comment to Sue on her Facebook, from Quokka:

Man this makes my blood boil. I am a registered psychologist that works with families of children with disabilites and you know what Sue – they are regularly reduced to tears of frustration at the blatant discrimination and just plain narrow mindedness of people like you! The arrogance of people who think they know the lives, pain, struggles, achievements of other families not like theirs is intolerable.

I have seen my friends reduced to tears over funding denials, over IEPs gone awry, over an unpleasant interlude with the social worker who visits to validate the need for the SSI….

CassieDecember 16, 2011 at 11:20 AM
    I read both, was contacted by sue and told I was wrong, like many of you. I appologized for any harm I may have done, but that I didn’t fully believe her, but was going to stay out of it but told her WHOEVER wrote the comments was very hurtful and needed to be educated on the realities of having an autistic child and the costs that go along with it. She then blocked me.

Sue Basko,
    Lawyer for Music and FilmDecember 19, 2011 at 4:11 AM
    THIS WILL EXPLAIN WHO LIZ DITZ IS WHO HAS CYBERSTALKED ME AND CYBERBULLIED ME WITH HER BLOG:

THIS SHOULD EXPLAIN MY WORK ON AUTISM. Several years ago, I started a blog for a man who has autism and is in prison and have worked tirelessly on his behalf: http://paulmodrowski.blogspot.com

As the article above from the other known victim of Liz Ditz states, she does these thing to get attention and to draw readers to her blogs.

I cannot comment much more due to ongoing investigation.

Sorry to anyone who is legit and to whom I did not respond. I have been overwhelmed with an onslaught attack of cyberstalking against me.

I have been TOLD by law enforcement to block after recording the names and URLS of each person contributing to the cyberbullying attack. You may not feel like what you are doing is wrong, but it is illegal. The crime is called Cyberstalking.

Sue Basko,
    Lawyer for Music and FilmDecember 19, 2011 at 4:15 AM
    This is a quote from the above linked article by Doug Copp, with which I concur:

Let me be very clear: Liz Ditz is a liar, and a person who is so devoid of decency as to lie about matters which cause children’s lives to be put in danger. She did this to draw traffic to her website. She was successful in getting this money and audience, at the expenses of our volunteer rescue team’s ability to save lives. Her selfish obsession with money and attention, ‘at any cost’, is NOT acceptable to decent people. There should be Internet laws that would put someone like Liz Ditz, in prison.

Her website is full of wild crazy rants and bouts of hatred. She is like the ‘little man hiding behind the curtain with a giant megaphone, in the Wizard of OZ. Her actions would be pathetic if they hadn’t caused the loss of so much life and undo suffering of so many innocent victims.
    It has taken 6 years of brutal abuse, via her vitriolic and hateful Internet rants for us to be able to ‘track her down’. She successfully hid behind her computer.

She is not only one of these ‘creatures’ who use the Internet with impunity to destroy the lives of people with their hatred. She is a bold faced liar of the worst kind. Based upon her 6 years of harm to our rescue team; I believe that Liz Ditz would do anything for money and attention.Now that we have ‘tracked her down’ we consider it to be our duty, as decent people, to expose her nefarious activities to the ‘light of day’.

We found her phone number and can you imagine that she is on the Board of Directors of a Private Girl’s School. Absolutely stunning!
    It is truly a disgrace that their institution is associated with such a person.

BiolArtistDecember 19, 2011 at 6:01 AM
    ???

wtf?

Science MomDecember 19, 2011 at 8:07 AM
    Ms. Basco, I urge you to seek some help immediately. This course you are on is rather self-destructive. The people that you are stalking (yes, YOU are the one doing the stalking) have either personally known or have been acquainted with Ms. Ditz for years. Her reputation as an autism advocate is well-known in wide circles. Your reputation as an internet psycho is also becoming well-known.

Liz DitzDecember 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    The lawyer woman is referring to a series of posts I wrote, starting in 2004. The person she quotes has been covered by Snopes, covering the same material I referenced in my posts.

Science MomDecember 19, 2011 at 11:49 AM
    And THEY just found you Liz, hiding out in plain sight all this time. I guess lawyer lady doesn’t have much of a career if she has the time to stalk your acquaintances and consort with other paranoid fraudsters.

ChrisDecember 19, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    Ms. Basko, please locate your nearest mental health clinic as soon as possible. You seem to be having a break down, one that can seriously impact your career.

skybluskyblueDecember 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    Her posts are filled with vitriol and all caps typing. Who looks more like a person who would stalk another person? Either this person is dealing with delusions or she is doing damage control for her reputation as a Hollywood lawyer.

BiolArtistDecember 20, 2011 at 12:58 AM
    That’s an odd sort of damage control.

I feel sorry for her clients.

I’ve been too busy to follow Twitter for the past few weeks (successful new Etsy business Xmas crunch) but I may have received some of that stalker spam too.

Good luck dealing with this. Reminds me of the whole Markuze/PZ Myers thing.

MySocratesNoteDecember 20, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    Ms. Basko, if you are taking the time to read this comment, I have a few questions for you.

Are you claiming that Ms. Ditz somehow hacked your Facebook/Twitter accounts and made those comments she took screenshots of and added to her blog? All this in an attempt to call more attention to her site? That’s quite an extraordinary claim, and I would be interested in seeing your evidence of this.

Secondly, if you did actually make those comments that Ms. Ditz has recorded, I’m wondering if you could assist me. You see, my son is currently diagnosed with autism. I know that, in your opinion, I likely just got him diagnosed so I can get the SSI benefits, but in reality, he’s diagnosed with autism because he is 10 years old, knows less than 20 words, is still in diapers, and will require specialized care for the rest of his life. It seemed logical for me to request SSI benefits considering his extreme handicap.

So, my question is this: Since I just wanted in on the “gravy train,” can you point me to where I can actually benefit from this alleged scheme? Because, at the moment, I’m working two jobs to cover my son’s medications, therapy, and personal needs, and I’m doing it all out of pocket because my insurance company won’t pay over a certain amount, and I allegedly make too much money to receive benefits. Even though my son will require specialized care for the rest of his life.

If you have this information, I would appreciate your prompt response.

MySocratesNoteDecember 20, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    For Todd and Liz, I want to thank both of you for bringing attention to this. I may not agree with everything you guys say, but you have both earned a great deal of respect from me (if that means anything to you) for standing up to this outright ignorant and hateful “theory.”

Todd W.December 20, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    Thanks for your support, MySocratesNote. Moments like this serve as a good reminder that we’re all working toward the same goal: the health, support and quality of life of autistic individuals, whether children or adults.

Liz DitzDecember 20, 2011 at 12:15 PM
    Thank you, MySocrates Note, and YES, your respect means a lot to me, just because we disagree on some things.

As Todd says, we’re working toward the same goals: “the health, support and quality of life of autistic individuals, whether children or adults.”

SquilloDecember 21, 2011 at 2:58 PM
    Ms. Basko,

I am not an attorney–not even a Lawyer for Music and Film–but I as a writer, I am quite interested in and reasonably informed about both First Amendment issues and libel laws.

May I suggest you review the sections on defamation in your law school textbooks?

Liz DitzDecember 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM
    My skeptical blogging friend Calladus added to the conversation today: Internet Insanity.

Short version: Ms. B- doesn’t understand copyright law, either.

SquilloDecember 23, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    @Liz

No kiddin’. But it gave me (and my significant-attorney-other) a little chuckle.

You would think that as a Lawyer for Music and Film (sorry–the moniker keeps cracking me up), advising clients on copyright issues would be a big part of what she does.

But on the bright side, who knew that one could just decide that an entire legal doctrine does not apply because one said so? Guess we can just give SCOTUS their walking papers. Hang up your robes–nothing more for you to do, ladies and gents.

ChrisDecember 24, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    Ms. Basko also deleted all the tweets she made to Calladus.

RenDecember 26, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    Even when deleted from timelines, tweets are still there. When you take screenshots, try to take the web address showing for that tweet. It contains the tweet ID number that can be accessed through Google cache for quite a while.

(I learned that trick from an anti-vaxer who recently [post-#EpiGate] emailed all my bosses to complain that they felt “stalked” by my tweets about them.)

cannabisforautismDecember 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    This is cool – troll yr favourite facebook pages more easily;

Just reduce that number on the end, it’s unix time if you want to go to a specific date. Perhaps if you wanted to see what someone was saying on their page at the time of a comment elsewhere…

6. Sue Basko Hatemail Central
    BY KILGOAR, ON JULY 29TH, 2013
    Sue Brasko
    Sue Brasko
    Here at the Internet Chronicle we rarely, if ever, receive hatemail thanks to our impeccable human rights record. It seems, however, that two articles have upset a famous lawyer who is widely known for being a “highly intelligent, highly educated, very personable, very caring, good person,” or at least that’s how Sue Basko characterized herself after sending us a battery of insulting e-mails.

I’ve seen the Rustle League torment this “lawyer,” something I took no part in, and they now use a “Basko” as the standard unit for measuring easy trolling targets. In one satiric article, I did write up a quick caricature of Basko and clued in readers that it was a joke by changing her name to “Brasko.” In another article about her “client,” Aaron Bale, Basko’s connection to a very strange press release is given a skeptical glance. One update to this article included information taken from a chat log attributed to Bale, which may or may not be legitimate, and after a complaint from Basko I included an extra disclaimer. That wasn’t enough. Basko went into full hate mode. Her email has been included in blockquotes, and my email response is in italics.

DEFAMATION REMOVAL DEMAND// LEGAL ACTION WARNING
    CHRONICLE: THIS MUST BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY in full:
    IF IT IS NOT, YOU WILL FACE LEGAL ACTION. You have been warned twice already.
    Also, your “publication” must remove any and all mention to me and to any of my clients, including Aaron Bale. Your publication must remove all falsehoods and garbage in which I am called “Sue Brasko,” and fake photos of me are posted.
    The photo is a joke meant to characterize your online persona, and I used the name Sue Brasko in the satirical article to clue people in that it is a joke. I do not care if you find it funny or not. If I had to remove everything someone out there thought wasn’t funny, I’d no longer be able to write anything.
    The “writer” “Kilgoar” is not a good writer, posts lies, posts defamation (insulting lies). This “article” is filled with nothing but defamation. Much of it is defamation per se, meaning it is such bad defamation on its face that damages are assumed.
    THIS ARTICLE ALSO ENGAGES IN OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE against Aaron Bale. “Kilgoar” is posting lies intentionally, trying to interfere with an FBI / NSA investigation.
    [NSA investigation? Seriously?]
    The article linked above uses indeterminate language, “Chat logs show claims,” and I even updated the article despite the insulting tone of your complaint, because I am actually interested in getting to the truth behind Aaron Bale — excuse me — Cliff Potts and his laughable press release.
    IN addition, this sick person “Kilgoar” has engaged long term in a hate and lies against me and my clients and those I assist.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. For the record, I have no personal feelings against you, even after emails like this. I do feel a bit sorry because they seem to indicate an emotional problem.
    [I wrote one silly story and now I’m involved in a long term hate campaign!]
    This person MUST CEASE AND DESIST. YOUR “PUBLICATION,” ITS OWNERS, ETC CAN BE SUED FOR DEFAMATION AND OTHER CAUSES OF ACTION BASED ON THIS.
    IN ADDITION, we are filing criminal complaints against “Kilgoar” for posting links to false IRC chats and now for posting falsehoods against Aaron Bale.
    You are allowing a mentally disturbed, demented, unprofessional, dangerously deceitful person to write for you.
    Please understand that I amended the article with all pertinent information after you claimed these were false IRC logs. Remember I never framed them as true to begin with. It would be unreasonable, and in fact irresponsible, for me to dismiss these chat logs altogether. As for “falsehoods against Aaron Bale,” you haven’t named any specific things you’d like me to look into or possibly fix. I will not respond to bullying like this, as you have no interest in correcting any possible mistakes or even mentioning them — you just want to scare me into taking the article down with no legal basis.

PLEASE NOTE: We have received extortionate emails and are having those traced. We strongly suspect those came from “Kilgoar.” The FBI is also investigating those emails, because it is a person trying to create an obstruction of justice.

THERE IS NO ONE ELSE TRYING TO INTERFERE WITH AARON BALE, other than “Kilgoar.” This same sick person “Kilgoar” also attempted to meddle in the case of “Aaron Socio.”
    I am inclined to believe you are a persona created by Bale.
    I’ll get you, and your little dog, too! What a world, what world! [Basko then melts]
    That last part wasn’t really in her email, but it sums up the responses that came next.
    Re: DEFAMATION REMOVAL DEMAND// LEGAL ACTION WARNING
    To “Kilgoar” and the Chronicle.Su Owners:

You have been asked politely to remove the “articles” because they are lies, defamations, smears, and misinfo.
    My next step is to file a lawsuit against you/ the Chronicle, and/or to report you to the FBI for interference in my legal work and in their investigations, as well as for repeat online harassment.
    My online persona, as well as my in-person persona, is of a highly intelligent, highly educated, very personable, very caring, good person. I am called upon regularly to assist both nationally and internationally with situations involving media, internet, and the law.
    The fact that you need to tell lies about this, and smear me, shows what you are about. And it isn’t good.
    When you mock and lie about a good, helpful intelligent person – -that does not make you look smart. It makes you look bad, unhelpful, and stupid – – which is how everyone views you. You are what you do, and that is what you do.
    — Susan Basko, Lawyer
    DAFAMATION DEMAND FOLLOW-UP
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

The Chronicle.SU and “Kilgoar” have published lies, defamation, false photographs, links to false materials, etc. against both me and my clients.
    I have previously sent a take-down demand. I received an utterly asinine response sent from “Kilgoar.”
    My next step is to file a lawsuit against the Chronicle and its “writer,” and/or to file FBI complaints for continuous internet harassment, interference with my legal work, interference and trying to frame one of my clients, creation of false evidence, etc.
    I will also publicize and spread the word to any and all of your advertisers that you are doing this, along with the moronic responses from “Kilgoar.”
    MY INTENTION IS TO BEGIN THIS EVENING.
    Sincerely,
    Susan Basko
    ATTENTION: CHRONICLE.SU / “KILGOAR”

The Chronicle.su and the “writer” using the pseudonym Kilgoar have posted a photograph of Aaron Bale the copyright of which is owned by Aaron Bale. The photograph has appeared on Chronicle.su numerous times as well as on links posted by “kilgoar” on Twitter.
    Use of the photo is a violation of Copyright law and can subject you to payment of up to $150,000 for each violation/ use. Willful use of the photo can also be punished as a criminal offense.
    ANY USE OF THE PHOTO AFTER THIS NOTICE HAS BEEN SENT SHALL BE DEEMED WILLFUL.
    You do not have permission to use ANY photo of Aaron Bale.
    YOU MUST REMOVE ALL PHOTOS OF AARON BALE FROM THE CHRONICLE.SU, OFF ANY LINKS APPEARING ANYWHERE, AND MUST NEVER REPORT.
    NOTICE: DMCA NOTICE.
    Signed: /Susan Basko/ Lawyer for Aaron Bale

7. Sue Basko was really the lawyer for Adam Lanza support group but got angry when it went public!!!!

Remove ‘Adam Lanza is a Hero’ Page
    December 20, 2012 ·
    57 minutes ago
    Sue Basko
    WOULD YOU BE SO KIND AS TO POST ON YOUR PAGE that I am NOT the lawyer for the Adam Lanza Hero pages. Also there is a woman, Tamara Watts, who posted that I was the lawyer and also posted a link to one of my blogs – will you please remove this?
    I posted so many times saying I was NOT the lawyer that now I am banned by FB from posting ANY comments! on any pages! for a few days, I guess.
    YOU CAN POST THIS: I am a victim of the person who made the page. He posted my photo and name to harass and defame me. He has also seriously threatened to kill me. I am not sure exactly who he is, but I do have info from which his identity should be ascertainable. The FBI in New Haven CT and also in Chicago IL are working on it. PHone or emails calls to the FBI in either location WILL help get them on the ball. The person who posted the pages is, in my opinion, probably already a killer and is VERY dangerous. My life has been credibly and graphically threatened. Everyone should be very CAREFUL because I think we are dealing with an actual killer. Thank you — Sue

8. Sue “Sue Happy” BaskoShit-tier Internet Lawyer, C&D over Twitter, Tried Taking ED Down, Uses Law License to Harass
    Discussion in ‘Lolcows’ started by yawning sneasel, Jun 1, 2016.
    Forum Guidelines
    Lolcows are bizarre people/groups/events, that are on the Internet, and respond negatively to people in a funny way. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber that isn’t a drama queen.
    Be civil. Don’t get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you’re better than someone, you’re probably not.
    Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
    Don’t white knight. Don’t turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately.
    Do not create topics about forum members. If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.
    No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
    Topic titles should contain aliases. Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

9. Internet insanity
    While reading about the plight of one of my friends, I came across a little bit of Internet Insanity. (Yea, I know, how unusual, right?)

Sue Basko, “Lawyer for Music and Film”, is one of those “colorful” personalities who makes a living off of Hollywood. She also has a blog. I’m not interested in her blog, not at all. But I am interested in the warning she placed on her blog. It says:

COPYRIGHT: ALL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT 2010-11 Susan Basko. You may not copy or use or link to or quote or cite ANY material herein without explicit written permission from the Owner. No “Fair Use” applicable. Permission easily granted to good people/uses. Don’t be shy to ask.

You see what I did there? By copying her text, and linking to it, I’ve done what Ms. Basko says I cannot do.

I especially like how she says that Fair Use is not applicable! It’s like she gets to make up the law as it applies to her own website!

EFF logoThis is why I like and support the Electronic Frontier Foundation. They offer a legal guide to bloggers that helps bloggers know when someone like Sue Basko is full of it.

For instance, several court cases in America have ruled that I CAN link to Sue Basko’s website, with or without her permission. I can even “deep link” to a place on a website where normal users of that site would have to go through several layers first. This has been ruled to be legal.

I’m also allowed to copy and paste “short quotes” from anyone else’s blog just so that I can comment from it. This is lawful for me to do. Let me give you an example from Ms. Basko’s blog:

EDUCATION: I have a Juris Doctorate magna cum laude from Southern Illinois University School of Law; have completed all coursework for a Master of Arts in Mass Communication Media Arts in the department of Cinema-Photography/ Radio-TV at Southern Illinois University; have a Bachelor of Arts in Film and Video from Columbia College Chicago.

This seems to be a pretty impressive education, until you realize that Ms. Basko really doesn’t understand copyright in America – you would think that someone working in the entertainment industry would know copyright law inside and out! She has a JD degree from Southern Illinoise University School of Law and still says that I am not allowed to link to her blog, or use parts of it as “fair use”?

This is incredibly hilarious.

Taken with her other blog postings, Ms. Basko comes off as another one of the (all too common) tinfoil-hat wearing brigade, who try to force the world to be what they want it to be, instead of taking it for what it really is.

If you are seeking legal advice from Ms. Basko, I would advise you look long and hard at this first.
    Also, if you have the time, money, or legal expertise, and you want to donate to an excellent cause, then support the Electronic Frontier Foundation. I do, and you should too!

Lastly, because I’ve been warned that Ms. Basko has a habit of deleting her own writing and claiming to have never written it, I’ve taken a screen shot of the offending page, which I will post here if it ever disappears or changes.
    Update 24 Dec 2011:

Before and After screen captureWow, it was predicted, and so it came to pass!

Quietly, and without fanfare, Ms. Basko has updated her copyright warning. Since I saved her page, I can give you a before and after screenshot of it to the right here. (Click on the image to see it bigger).

The top shows her orginal text with the silly copyright warning that prevents you from copying or linking to her text.

She’s almost got everything set here. But there is still a little bit of sillyness. The text now reads:

COPYRIGHT: ALL MATERIAL COPYRIGHT Sue Basko 2010. Materials on this site may be used and shared only for the purposes of learning. They may not be used for any form of cyberstalking, bullying, or harassing. Legal action will be taken against any cyberstalker or harasser. If that’s you, get off this page.

I’m glad she’s made this clear. Right now, I’m using her text to demonstrate that she still doesn’t understand copyright – so I guess technically I’m teaching someone reading this blog something.

But still, she’s completely wrong here. According to the US Copyright Office, I’m allowed to copy and reproduce a fair amount of Ms. Basko’s work, “… for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports.”

For the record, I’m criticizing Ms. Basko’s words, her “so-called” proficiency with Internet Law. I’m doing so because she purports to be an entertainment lawyer who I would think is supposed to KNOW something about the law and the Internet, while also understanding basic facts about the Internet – namely “The Streisand Effect”.

For a great example of what you can do with Fair Use and Copyright, I suggest you watch the movie “A Fair(y) Use Tail” by Eric Faden. (I would guess that there is very little chance that Mr. Faden is represented by Ms. Basko).

Another aspect of Fair Use is parody. If I wished, I could modify the image of Ms. Basko in Photoshop to make her look like a Klingon, and then translate part of her web site into Klingon words (called “tlhIngan Hol” in English). I could then put a word bubble above her head showing the Klingon Ms. Basko shouting her own words in Klingon.

I could, if I wished, use Photoshop to redraw the photo of Ms. Basko as a clown. This would be a neat parody because it would hook into the whole entertainment industry (better than a Klingon) while at the same time making a statement about Ms. Basko’s abilities.

I could do this, but I won’t. Not out of fear, but because it is Christmas eve and I’ve got other things to do with my time. Call it laziness if you wish.

One other thing I would like to point out is the Copyright Date on the updated text. Copyright is good for a long time, so a Copyright of 2010 is not going to run out any time soon. However, according to the Copyright Office, Copyright happens automatically when you write something. Using a date or the (c) symbol is merely a formality.

But back-dating your copyright by a year doesn’t make sense, it makes it seem older than it really is, and would allow it to fall into public domain one year sooner than necessary.

The only reason why Ms. Basko would have a 2010 Copyright on this material is if she is trying to make it seem like she didn’t REALLY change her website – or if she merely forgot.

Personally, I think she just forgot. We will see it updated correctly soon. Especially after I tell her about it.

=========================
    10 Oct 2013: update.

I’m seeing a lot of people coming here to read this. For some reason that I can’t determine, this article has become more popular.

If you want to learn more about Sue Basko, “Lawyer for Music and Film”, you can do so from these websites:
    Sue Basko claims that parents of Autistic kids are riding the “gravy train”. – Liz Ditz, “I Speak of Dreams” blog.
    Autism Story triggers a shitstorm – “Def Sheppard” blog
    How not to make a fool of yourself on the Internet – “Harpocrates Speaks” blog
    Update – “Def Sheppard” blog
    And just in case you ARE Sue Basko, I have a couple of websites you should also be concerned about.
    How a famous singer and movie star removed unwanted information from the Internet.
    How a CEO got customers to remove unwanted comments from the Internet.
    What bloggers are NOT ALLOWED to say about you.

10. Susan Marie Basko Witchcraft, occult, psycho, crazy, harassment Chicago Illinois

Susan Marie Basko is an insane woman with a license to practice law in both California and Illinois, who believes in sub-contracting out to witches as a legitimate means of getting her way. Do you want someone like this representing you?

Sue contantly complains about her stalkers and the defamation they spew, yet she has been known to contact the employers and family members of people who get in her way. She will also lie incessantly about anyone she doesn’t like at the moment, in order to further her own agenda. She is also incredibly insensitive towards those who suffer from autism. Don’t trust this unmedicated psychopath with your case!

11. Susan Marie Basko✡ (also known as Batshit Baskocase Sue, Solange Soleil and Suehappy Basketcase for short) is a known belligerent attorney at lol who has been involved in and lost over 9,000 cases in Internet Court. She is also an IRL lawyer with a license to practice law in California and Illinois (note: NOT in New York). She claims to be Catholic but her actions are closer aligned with Scientology than Catholicism. Sue Basko is roughly equivalent (but superior to) what might happen if Mike Sandy and Daniel Brandt mated.
    Whether you’re a potential target of swatting and need to be reminded to never allow the police inside, need someone to harass the family members of those internet terrorists known as the Rustle League, or are just being bullied by The Man, Sue Basko is the only Internet Lawyer you will ever want to call.

Well, Basko was this completely spaztic fucktard who we were all lol’oing at when this aaronsocio scrub got arrested. I came up with the idea to email her saying that we are aaronsocio’s lawyer and that her services are no longer needed. She flipped out and eventualy ginger brooks told her that it was us so she made like 50 blog posts about us one in particular saying that a transgendering man was trying to steal her jewgold which spiraled into epic fucking lulz. After that she came after f0rsaken got got her dawks dropped including ssn and continued to make blogposts as we harassed her and I made sock accounts to trick her and get into her timeline by making her believe that I was someone working against the Rustle League. As of now, she just subtweets us saying how antisemitic we are and how we are going to hell for masturbating and being criminals online
    Yeah, and now she’s going on about some shit about making a video with this fucking autist who sounds like the guy who sucks dicks for cheeseburgers in cartoons.„

—Shm00p’s take on the Rustle League/Basko saga.

Basko invokes Godwin’s Law, because making fun of Sue Basko is totally the equivalent of killing 6 million Jews.

During the Occupy Wall Street protest, our favorite undisputed queen of the legal realm spent a lot of time weeding out FBI plants among the people who were actually there to protest, even though, according to her, her own brother Gabriel is an FBI agent. It’s really too intricate to lay out in this article without making the more ADHD-addled readers get bored and search for the Offended page, so all of Sue’s deathless prose concerning her anti-COINTELPRO work.

IRL Harrassment Service

For those with especially persistent cyberbully problems, Sue will go the extra mile and turn to extrajudicial means, as any good lawyer would. However, what separates Sue from the rest of the pack, is that in addition to e-mailing the cyberbully’s parents, she has been known to sub-contract out to IRL witches and have hexes placed on specific targets. In the cases that have gone public, the hexes have been performed by no less a figure than The Second Coming of Jennifer Emick herself, Kamonra. To provide an analogy that veteran EDiots may understand, Sue plays Daniel Brandt to Kamonra’s Amorrow in this dynamic duo of Internet justice.

Work with convicted felons

Another of Basko’s henchmen is a relative nobody and convicted felon named Joseph A Camp. In 2009, Joseph and a classmate decided to RAT boxes on their University of Central Missouri’s network so that they could add funds to their college accounts, change grades, and steal/sell databases. Naturally, since they were skiddie fucktards who had only been on HackForums for 3 weeks, and thus didn’t know the first thing about hiding behind 7 proxies, they were immediately fucked in the ass in the back of the partyvan, then shipped off to prison for more nonconsensual buttsex.

Occupy Peace

Bright side of life
    Occupy Peace is a crappy blog where Sue Basko offers advice on how to organize a peaceful protest or occupation in the United States. She frequently derails her own blog with unfunny off-topic posts because she lacks self-control and doesn’t respect her readers who don’t care about personal drama. She desperately hints to journalists that she wants media coverage, not so she can help others exercise their freedom of speech, but instead to cry about people saying mean things to her.

“If any journalists wish to cover this story, I have vast amounts of evidence of all I am writing about, including thousands of screen shots, pictures, recordings, videos, and more. I can also provide the names and other info on many of the perpetrators.„

—Sue Basko, a desperate plea for attention.

Sue Basko has issues with self-confidence and writes delightful walls of text detailing what a wonderful “bright side of life” type of person she is, making it clear that violence and pornography are immoral. The amount of effort she puts into making herself look good only proves that she is extremely self-centered and very insecure about her image. Susan should seek the assistance of a trained professional and become a survivor of her shortcomings.

Professional victim
    After Sue Basko manages to talk about something other than herself, she begins communicating with her claws and fangs, revealing a deep hatred for Encyclopedia Dramatica, Rustle League and Doxbin. At this point her writings read like a liberal’s wet dream of white middle-class Americans. That’s correct, those who contribute to Encyclopedia Dramatica don’t understand satire and are definitely racist.
    Susan insists that she’s been attacked over the last couple years despite no prior dealings with these sites or trolls. What she will never acknowledge is that she goes out of her way to draw attention to herself by writing off-topic rants on her blog and tweeting like a crybaby on a daily basis. The only way Sue Basko maintains what little sanity she has left is to convince herself that she is a victim, because without that crutch, she would be admitted to the nearest psychiatric ward.

“They hold a type of malicious racism and antisemitism that I thought had long ago disappeared from society. I am continually shocked to see their displays of the most vicious, repugnant forms of racial hate, of the sort I associate with the KKK or with the days of Nazi Germany.„

—Sue Basko, oh that’s original.

Expert advice
    Susan worries that nobody takes her seriously and to compensate for that she repeatedly mentions that in two states she is a licensed attorney. After doing extensive research, our e-lawyer has reached the conclusion that subjects of articles on Encyclopedia Dramatica tend of the “smart, nice, good people.” Susan also warns that contributing to Encyclopedia Dramatica or linking to an article is a crime.
    Being a computer expert, Sue Basko has determined that people who visit Encyclopedia Dramatica will immediately have malware installed onto their computer. She goes on to speculate that said malware may be used to take control of webcams, log key presses or install a botnet.
    Enemies of the Lulz can finally rejoice, Sue Basko discovered Encyclopedia Dramatica’s offended page and offers EDiots some free legal advice. The images there are not only shocking and horrific, but also illegal! She is probably referring to the picture of Limecat.
    The purpose of Encyclopedia Dramatica isn’t to document internet drama, but to harass, coerce and extort its victims. According to Sue Basko anyways, and she isn’t going to stand by and watch as people’s lives, especially hers, are destroyed by the hate wiki. She’s made it clear she knows the identities of various contributors, but is withholding this information pending a DOJ and FBI investigation. Hopefully justice will indeed be served, because Susan has informed us that the harm done to her by Encyclopedia Dramatica can never be undone. Sue Basko is also a medical expert and has determined her health has also been damaged beyond repair, all because some jackass on the internet said something mean about her.

Sue Basko paints a very polarizing picture of herself as a humanitarian. While she crafts the image of herself as a hero for anyone who feels they’re a victim of stalking, copyright violation, or harassment, she takes a very questionable stance toward supportive parents of children with serious mental diseases.

Many parents today want a diagnosis of autism spectrum for their child, not only because there is a great deal of funding allocated for services for those children, as the news article explains, but also because this qualifies the child or family to collect a good SSI payment each month.

Basically, Sue believes that parents are actually going out to get autism diagnosis for their kids just so they can reap the government SSI benefits that are paid to these mentally disabled children. Are all these kids pretending to be aspies just so their parents can make an easy living, Sue?
    Once she was called out for her atrocious insensitivity and hypocrisy, she proceeded to delete her comment, use her personal Twitter account to defame the woman who called her out on the comment, and insist that the entire thing was made up. Unfortunately for Sue, the woman had taken a screenshot of the disgusting comment before she could remove it.

Sue was also called out for this by another person on her Facebook page, and she decided she would attempt to defame the person (who was legitimate and had a genuine concern) by calling them a bully with a fake name attempting to troll her. Sue ended up deleting this comment as well, but not before it was also saved in a screenshot.

So aside from losing her image as a good person with compassion for fellow humans, she is now exposing herself as a paranoid drama queen who thinks anyone who opposes her diluted views on life are bullies, fakes, or trolls, and need to be promptly reported to the FBI.

Copyright thief

Sue specializes in copyright claims, and has extensive first hand experience in stealing the intellectual property of others. Basko Law™ will work hard to prevent others from stealing your hard work, utilizing the knowledge she has gained from countless years of making minor edits to other people’s work and claiming it as her own. The cover photo of her former Twitter account is a perfect example of her work in action.

Sue Basko: Tree Whisperer

Did you know that Sue is an accomplished artist herself? She’s the mastermind behind the chart-topping smash hit “You Know The Trees.” The song is an epic tale of meeting a well-traveled man who talks to trees and shares their glorious insight with the listener. It would be a shame if we spoiled this masterpiece for you any further, so prepare yourself to experience the greatest song ever made, sang by Basko herself.

If you’re like most people and can’t understand what the hell Sue is saying in this psychedelic drug-inspired song, FEAR NOT. The lyrics have been transcribed so you too can swallow a bag of magic mushrooms and sing along. Don’t forget to have a chat with some trees afterward!
    Sex Life

It has also long been suspected that Sue is a serial masochist and only acts out online in an attempt to gain sexual gratification from being demeaned by thousands of random, anonymous strangers. As a result, experts theorize that Sue has developed a myriad of sexual fetishes and fantasies that would gain her immediate social ostracization if she were to ever allow these to be made known to the general public. Some of these theories include:
    Since the estimated age of 14, Sue has had continuous fantasies of being sexually assaulted. This is most likely a result of Sue’s need to develop an interest in human sexual relations while at the same time coping with the crippling depression associated with her low self-esteem.
    Sue Basko often does a poor job of cleaning her anus after defecation as the constant potential of being anally raped encourages her to maintain a dirty anal cavity with the intent of giving “shitdick” to whomever may find themselves inside of her.
    Sue has been known to hang around various “glory holes” located in the Chicago area.
    Sue has lost countless marbles, wooden pencil erasers, and other such objects in her body during masturbation.
    Sue Basko often sneaks into public men’s rooms so that she may rub her body against the unwashed toilet seats to gain sexual gratification.
    Sue has created and distributed several recordings of her engaging in bestiality. These revolving films are too immoral to be linked here, but know that they have been forwarded to American authorities.
    Sue Basko has volunteered at homeless shelters where she mixed her own pubic hair into the meals served to unknowing homeless men.
    Sue Basko has been known to use “bath salts” as an aphrodisiac.
    Unfortunately for Sue, even the most vile of perverts find her too repugnant to even consider fornicating with.
    Copypasta

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated Magna cum Laude and earned my Juris Doctor at Southern Illinois University School of Law, and I’ve been involved in numerous COINTELPRO operations on Occupy and Anonymous, and I have written over 300 cease and desist letters. I am trained in internet lawfare and I’m the top lawyer of the entire Internet. You are nothing to me but just another FBI informant. I will sue your balls to the wall with fabricated evidence the likes of which has never been seen before on Twitter, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying my name over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of autistic script kiddies across the USA and your chat logs are being reported to the FBI right now so you better prepare for the defamation lawsuit, troll. The defamation lawsuit that wipes out the pathetic little website you call Encyclopedia Dramatica. You’re fucking sued, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can sue you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with this Twitter handle. Not only am I extensively trained in media law, but I have access to the entire archive of Twitter and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the Internet, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have locked your Twitter account. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking Basko’d, kiddo.

12. Susan Marie Basko Witchcraft, occult, psycho, crazy, harassment Chicago Illinois

13. Facebook fan pages for Elliot Rodger keep returning

BY SHEENA GOODYEAR, POSTMEDIA NETWORK
    Article

“I got e-mails from around the world saying, ‘What is wrong with you?’” she said.

Seven other people told QMI Agency they got the same message.

Facebook has since said earlier versions of the pages were removed.

14. WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2011

How Not to Make a Fool of Yourself on the Internet: A PSA

Rule 1 – Think Before You Type

Click to enduncenate.

Rule 2 – Don’t Go Orwell

Click to enboorify.

Click to enlightenate.

Don’t do it!

Rule 3 – Don’t Deny You Said What You Said

It wasn’t meeeee!

Rule 4 – Don’t Libel Your Critics

Spammity spam!

Police! Police!

To Recap

#1 – Think before you post. (i.e., know at least a little about the subject)
    #3 – Don’t deny you said what you said.
    #4 – Don’t libel your critics.

This has been a public service announcement from Harpocrates Speaks.
    POSTED BY TODD W. AT 10:56 PM
    LABELS: AUTISM, CENSORSHIP, HARASSMENT, LIBEL
    EMAIL THIS
    BLOGTHIS!
    SHARE TO TWITTER
    SHARE TO FACEBOOK
    SHARE TO PINTEREST

33 COMMENTS:

jillsmoDecember 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    You win at the internet today. GOOD STUFF!

Stephen EDecember 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Jennifer BushDecember 15, 2011 at 12:25 AM

My Aspie LifeDecember 15, 2011 at 12:26 AM
    ==

SB: It is on Google, but because she wrote it and put it there.

ME: I’m selective about who I follow, that’s why I’m asking.

SB: Check sources before you repeat words of malicious stalker. Please.

SB: THIS IS MY BLOG: occupypeace.blogspot.com CHECK YOUR SOURCES.

ME: Did you write this or not? lizditz.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451b…

SB: PLEASE STOP TWEETING AND CHECK SOURCES, TRY TO BE RESPONSIBLE.

ME: I am checking sources, I’m asking you.

ME: You may also want to read up on how social media works. Good luck…

ChrisDecember 15, 2011 at 12:40 AM

marytormeyDecember 15, 2011 at 12:53 AM

effet mediaDecember 15, 2011 at 12:58 AM
    Hi,

Page facebook pro

Liz DitzDecember 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM
    Hi Mary Tormey,

I re-read Alan Zarembo’s first piece

Zarembo didn’t make that claim. He doesn’t mention SSI benefits at all.

In fact, I couldn’t find a reference to a quote from Autism Speaks.

JaniceDecember 15, 2011 at 1:27 AM

LokaSamastaDecember 15, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Especially cannabis for autism science.

DELETE!!! (But oh-no, it’s all saved somewhere!)

Todd W.December 15, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    @LokaSamasta

JamrDecember 15, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Liz DitzDecember 15, 2011 at 11:40 AM

CassieDecember 16, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Sue Basko,
    Lawyer for Music and FilmDecember 19, 2011 at 4:11 AM

I cannot comment much more due to ongoing investigation.

Sue Basko,
    Lawyer for Music and FilmDecember 19, 2011 at 4:15 AM

It is truly a disgrace that their institution is associated with such a person.

BiolArtistDecember 19, 2011 at 6:01 AM
    ???

wtf?

Science MomDecember 19, 2011 at 8:07 AM

Liz DitzDecember 19, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Science MomDecember 19, 2011 at 11:49 AM

ChrisDecember 19, 2011 at 2:26 PM

skybluskyblueDecember 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM

BiolArtistDecember 20, 2011 at 12:58 AM
    That’s an odd sort of damage control.

I feel sorry for her clients.

Good luck dealing with this. Reminds me of the whole Markuze/PZ Myers thing.

MySocratesNoteDecember 20, 2011 at 9:59 AM

If you have this information, I would appreciate your prompt response.

MySocratesNoteDecember 20, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Todd W.December 20, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Liz DitzDecember 20, 2011 at 12:15 PM

SquilloDecember 21, 2011 at 2:58 PM
    Ms. Basko,

Liz DitzDecember 21, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Short version: Ms. B- doesn’t understand copyright law, either.

SquilloDecember 23, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    @Liz

ChrisDecember 24, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    Ms. Basko also deleted all the tweets she made to Calladus.

RenDecember 26, 2011 at 5:29 PM

cannabisforautismDecember 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    This is cool – troll yr favourite facebook pages more easily;

15. Since you have a lot of article about computer I thought your readers would like to hear about Onecoin Japan

Onecoin Japan is an ever growing space of innovation and
    there are opportunities this include risks. There
    is no make sure Onecoin Japan frequently grow eventhough it
    has changed with a extremely fast rate all this time.
    Investing time and resources on anything related to Onecoin Japan requires entrepreneurship.
    There are many solutions to cash in on Onecoin Japan like the mining, speculation or running online companies.
    Many of these methods are competitive and there isn’t any
    guarantee of profit. It is up to each one to have a proper evaluation of the expense and the risks involved in this kind of project.

By joining the Onecoin Japan , you not only get the best online training on how to benefit from crypto-currency,
    but moreover you position yourself inside an unlimited
    earnings building program, providing you with every one of the
    tools you should realize success. Our training and marketing tools in addition to a great and strong educational product,
    enhanced by an exceptional payment plan, explains why today’s entrepreneurs are joining the One Concept.
    Onecoin Japan are sold on allow you to successful – all of which
    will provide all the you need to increase
    business.Its pretty good possibility to make money with Onecoin in Japan

16. Lawyers In Love — For sheer weirdness, Jackson Browne’s 1983 composition, “Lawyers in Love” seems to baffle everyone who hears it. (“Among the human beings in their designer jeans, am I the only one who hears the screams, and the strangled cries of lawyers in love.”). Browne convincingly belts out this folk-rock classic, complaining about eating from TV trays while watching Happy Days, and in the final verse, discourses on how the U.S.S.R. will soon be a “vacationland for lawyers in love.” Hmm? Although Browne himself hints that the song is a critique of political complacency, we prefer to focus on its verification that attorneys are capable of amore.