Ventura Criminal Defense Lawyer
Jay Leiderman’s Notable Victories
Over the past several years, Jay has litigated approximately 60 jury trials, hundreds of preliminary examinations, seemingly thousands of motions to suppress evidence or dismiss charges, and obtained some astounding results for his clients.
Before reading about the results obtained in some of these cases, please be aware of the following:
- The case results discussed do not necessarily represent the results of all cases.
- Not all cases that we have handled are listed here.
- The facts and circumstances of each individual case is different and must be evaluated and handled on its own merit.
GuiltyCharges: Medical Marijuana TrialDate: September 2011Details: My client, an organic grower of cannabis from Northern California was making a trip down south and was meeting a client to sell three pounds to him. They met at a hotel on my client’s way down south. After a traffic stop of both cars, the co-defendant was found with three pounds and my client was found with 7 pounds of cannabis and over $70,000.00 in cash.Case reported on by:
DismissedCharge(s): DUI DRUGS / 23152(e)Date: August, 2019Details: Client was a long-term methadone user who had not used heroin or other illegal drugs for over 20 years. The police officer insisted that he was high on heroin. I undertook an aggressive campaign to prove both his medical records and that methadone, in the small dose he took right before the traffic stop would not have impaired him for purposes of driving. I was able to show the DA that my client was not guilty of DUI DRUGS
DismissedCharge(s): Charge 11369.7 – maintaining a drug lab.Date: November, 2017Details: Over 100 pounds of marijuana, 10 pounds of hash and a hash lab were suppressed and ordered unusable as evidence after I filed and litigated a motion to suppress evidence. The case involved hundreds of pre-packaged “dabs,” cooking apparatus, over 300 butane canisters, a bowl with over 10 pounds of hash/honey oil/shatter and over 100 pounds of marijuana flower. Case dismissed due to lack of evidence after the evidence was all thrown out.
DismissedCharge(s): Child dependency caseDate: March 2019Details: 4 children were removed from the home because there was an anonymous call that marijuana was smoked by the parents. Marijuana was found hidden atop a closet out of reach of the children. Nonetheless, Child Protective Services removed the children from the home. I was able to get them returned at the first hearing and the case was later dismissed.
Press and Publications
Areas of Practice
Why Hire Jay Leiderman?
Why Hire Jay Leiderman?
- "One of the best criminal defense lawyers in California." – Anon. "Vigorous, aggressive and highly skilled criminal trial attorney."
- Over the past few years, Jay has litigated over 60 jury trials and obtained astounding case results for his clients.
- When lawyers have questions they call Jay. He literally wrote the book on California Medicinal Marijuana Law.
- Award winner for going above and beyond for clients accused of various crimes; from the smallest misdemeanor to the most serious felony case.